Explore the Physics of Energy and Motion with Robots!
Build 12 unique physics projects to discover the mysteries of energy, motion and robotics. With step-by-step build instructions and 16 student-driven curriculum cards, learners work independently with PCS Edventures robotics parts and fischertechnik™ building blocks to tackle physics challenges.
- Ages: 8-14
- Number of Activities: 16 LABCards (curriculum cards), 12 step-by-step builds and endless open-ended extensions
- Subject Areas: Physical Science, Technology, Robotics & Coding
- Student-driven lessons to work independently
- 100% Reusable: Robotics parts and fischertechnik™ building blocks are 100% reusable. Just clean and reuse again and again.
- Build a pneumatic system to investigate how air flows and generates pressure.
- Build a vise to learn how to maximize piston potential.
- Build a robot and explore the Cortex programming software.
- Build an electric motor and learn about potential energy.
- Build a car that uses gravity to move and learn about potential energy.
- Build a balloon racer and learn how elastic potential energy can be used for power.
- Build a dragster that runs using an electric motor and learn how batteries work.
- Build a system to change the percentage of power used by the dragster and learn about the types of electrical currents.
- Build a marble launcher and experiment with piston velocity and acceleration.
- Build an experiment to test angles and the elasticity of collisions.
- Build an air compressor and investigate how stored air and pressurized potential affects the marble launcher.
- Build a launch button to expand learner knowledge of programming commands.
- Build a catapult to investigate the power of compressed air.
- Build a longer catapult arm for the catapult to expand launch ranges.
- Build robotic solenoids and program them to fire pistons independently.
- Build an experiment to systematically test variables and hone in on the optimal catapult.
Complete Program Includes:
- Instructor Guide with answer keys: 1
- Building Instruction Cards: 4
- Student LABCards: 20
- The Brain™ & Cortex user guide: 1
- RiQ Robotics Parts:
- Specialized PCS Robotic Controller - The Brain: 1
- 9V DC motor and motor cable: 1
- Bluetooth Dongle (BLE for iPads or Classic for all computers and Android tablets): 1
- Rechargeable 11.1V LiPo battery and DC wall adapter: 1
- Touch sensor and sensor cable: 1
- USB Cable: 1
- Bag of BB Pellets: 1
- Ping Pong Balls: 3
- fischertechnik™ building set: 1
- Expanding file folder: 1
- Storage tub: 1
Educators & Homeschoolers:
For more information on academic standards and package deals for educators, visit Discover Robotics & Physics.