What do Wallace and Gromit, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and James and the Giant Peach all have in common? They’re claymation characters who have captivated the world with the magical realities they bring to life! Tap into the incredible practice of stop-motion film production and learn the technique from the ground up. Claymation Camp contains everything students need to create their own, individual movies, including top-quality clay, fun-to-use software, adorable cameras and amazing curriculum that turns anyone into a filmmaker.
Through cumulative daily projects, teamwork, technological literacy and a little bit of movie-making magic, you’re sure to win awards at the film festival held the last day of camp!
Tech requirements: One device per group (HUE Animation Studio is compatible with Mac and PC desktops and laptops.)
Digital Download for Claymation Camp only $129.00!
Students: Up to 30
Contact Hours: 12+
- Summer camps
- Classrooms looking for hands-on STEM
- After-school programs
- Half hour free webinar training for purchases of $500+
- One hour free webinar training for purchases of $1000+
- Additional training available for purchase
The camp comes with an Instructor Guide, 30 printed sets of student pages and all the supplies needed for 12 lessons:
• 4-oz bars of assorted color Claytoon clay (24)
• Bendy bones (96)
• Modeling tools (5)
• Clay knife
• Wiggly eyes (500)
• Sculpture wire (32 ft)
• Wire cutter (1)
• #2 pencils (12)
• HUE HD cameras with mics (5)
• HUE Animation Studio software licenses (5)
• The HUE Book of Animation (5)
Digital and print curriculum comes with Instructor Guide only, which includes master copies of all student pages.
DAY 1 - Introduction to Stop-Motion Animation
DAY 2 - Interact with Clay
DAY 3 - Cartoon Physics
DAY 4 - Audio Effects
DAY 5 - Clay Characters
DAY 6 - Storyboard
DAY 7 - Film
DAY 8 - Review and Edit
DAY 9 - Smooth Motion
DAY 10 - Lighting and Camera Angle
DAY 11 - Post-Production
DAY 12 - Film Viewing Party
Habits of Mind:
16 “thinking habits” developed by Art Costa and Bena Kallick to empower students to succeed in a 21st century learning environment.
- Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- Creating, Imagining and Innovating
- Finding Humor
- Listening with Understanding and Empathy:
- Managing Impulsivity
- Striving for Accuracy
- Taking Responsible Risks
- Thinking Interdependently
21st Century Skills:
A set of widely-applicable abilities essential for success in the information age.
- Communication and Collaboration
- Creativity and Innovation
- Information, Media and Technology Literacy
- Initiative and Self-Direction
© 2018 Partnership for 21st Century Learning (P21), p21.org. All Rights Reserved. P21 was not involved in the production of this product and does not endorse it.
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards for Students
- ISTE-S.1.d: Students understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies and are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies
- ISTE-S.2.c: Students demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property.
- ISTE-S.6.b: Students create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations.
- ISTE-S.7.c: Students contribute constructively to project teams, assuming various roles and responsibilities to work effectively toward a common goal.
© 2018 International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE). All Rights Reserved. ISTE was not involved in the production of this product and does not endorse it.
Questions about the Claymation Camp? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!