Explore Physical Phenomena through Hands-On Experiments!
Tackle 12 hands-on physics challenges to discover the world of acceleration, motion, gravity and so much more. With step-by-step instructions and hands-on experiments, students work independently with fischertechnik™ building blocks and a student-driven curriculum.
- Ages: 10-12
- Number of Activities: 12 step-by-step projects and endless open-ended extensions
- Subject Areas: Physical Science, Earth Science, Engineering Design
- Student-driven lessons to work independently
- 100% Reusable: fischertechnik™ building blocks are 100% reusable. Just clean and reuse again and again.
- Model an experiment to learn the relationship between force and dynamics.
- Solve equations to discover the relationship between mass and acceleration.
- Build two marble tracks to test track speeds and shapes.
- Experiment with the tracks to discover their relationship with gravity.
- Build and test a marble track loop.
- Experiment with the loop to better understand centrifugal force, gravitational force and energy.
- Build a halfpipe to experiment with kinetic and potential energy.
- Retest the halfpipe to evaluate the physics of friction.
- Test two marbles at the same time to experiment with the physics of elastic collisions.
- Construct a large obstacle course with an elevator.
- Build a second obstacle course with an automatic cross-over.
- Build a mega-obstacle course with an elevator, loop, barrier, teeter-totter, cross-over and funnel.
Complete Program Includes:
Fun with Physics lesson booklet: 1
- Building instructions for 7 roller coaster models: 1
- fischertechnik™ building set: 1
- Storage tub: 1
Educators & Homeschoolers:
For more information on academic standards and package deals for educators, visit Discover STEM Lab 5-6.