Dive into the Magic of Mathematics!
Model 12 different math activities through hands-on challenges and games. With step-by-step instructions, students work independently with PCS Edventures hands-on math materials, puzzles, tangrams and a student-driven curriculum.
- Ages: 8-10
- Number of Activities: 12 step-by-step builds and endless open-ended extensions
- Subject Areas: Math Connections
- Student-driven lessons to work independently
- 100% Reusable: Math materials are 100% reusable. Just clean and reuse again and again.
- Learn to add using the abacus, an ancient calculating device.
- Learn to calculate using the Soroban, a Japanese abacus.
- Learn to multiply using both the Base-10 Abacus and the Soroban.
- Piece together animal puzzles using one complete set of tangrams.
- Construct irregular polygons from a challenging number of tangrams.
- Complete picture puzzles using two complete sets of tangrams.
- Learn to add fractions and mixed numbers using a variety of tools.
- Learn about probability and how it can be expressed as a fraction or ratio.
- Combine multiplication facts and drawing skills in a fun Array Game.
- Explore the concept of negative numbers by practicing adding and subtracting on a number line ruler.
- Learn about positive and negative numbers by playing the classic card game, War, with a twist.
- Add and subtract both positive and negative integers to hit a target number after exactly ten rolls.
Complete Program Includes:
- Instructor Guide with answer keys: 1
- Student project booklets: 12
- Tangram answer keys: 1
- Tangram pieces: 28
- Abacus (base ten): 1
- Abacus (classic soroban): 1
- Calculator: 1
- Dry erase markers: 4
- Dry erasers: 4
- Dry erase axis lap boards: 4
- Number line rulers & set of 60 cubes: 2
- PCS Card Deck: 1
- Bags of Polyhedral Dice: 2
- +/- Integer Chip: 1
Educators & Homeschoolers:
For more information on academic standards and package deals for educators, visit Discover STEM Lab 3-4.