BrickLAB Magic Beans
Enchanted STEAM Storytelling
Watch favorite folktales come to life as your students journey into exotic and far away lands in magical worlds full of heroes and foes.
Capture imaginations with this STEAM enrichment program! From Jack and the Beanstalk to the golden touch of King Midas, BrickLAB Magic Beans brings fairy tales to life through thrilling engineering, language arts and collaborative communication activities. Designed with a focus on arts integration, each of the 12, one-hour lessons challenges students to boost fluency, vocabulary, comprehension and hands-on creativity as they work together to build the characters and stage props needed to act out the different folktales highlighted in every unit. Combine manipulative-based engineering activities with a sprinkle of magic and let fiction fly in BrickLAB Magic Beans.
Students: Up to 30
Contact Hours: 12+
Engineering Design, Art/STEAM, English Language Arts Connections
- Summer camps
- Elementary classrooms looking for hands-on STEAM lessons
- After-school programs
- Homeschool environments
Day 1 - Stone Slop
Day 2 - Aladdin and the Magic Pickle Jar
Day 3 - The June Bug and the Flea
Day 4 - The Prince Frog
Day 5 - Queen Midas
Day 6 - Jack and the Giant Sunflower
Day 7 - Claynocchio
Day 8 - Clinky Planky Tenbo
Day 9 - Three Silly Goats Gruff
Day 10 - The Elves and Young Stu Baker
Day 11 - Thaddeus Thumb
Day 12 - The Pig Who Cried Wolf
Reusability and Expansion:
- 100% Reusable. BrickLAB bricks are 100% reusable. Just clean and reuse again and again.
- Program Expansion. Already have PCS Edventures BrickLAB bricks? For as little as $129 expand your program by simply adding new BrickLAB curriculum only from other BrickLAB products.
- Half hour free webinar training for purchases of $500+
- One hour free webinar training for purchases of $1000+
- Additional training available for purchase
Complete Program Includes:
- Instructor Guide: 1
- Student Build Books: 15
- Digital Curriculum Download: 1
- Storage tubs: 2
- BrickLAB bricks: 6500+
- Mesh bag (for brick cleaning): 1
- 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays by Justin Martin: 5
- Brick separator: 1
- Curriculum Printed Copy includes: 1 Instructor Guide, 15 Student Build Books and 5 copies of 12 Fabulously Funny Folktale Plays only.
- Curriculum Digital Download includes: Instructor Guide only, which includes master copies of all student pages.
Habits of Mind:
16 “thinking habits” developed by Art Costa and Bena Kallick to empower students to succeed in a 21st century learning environment.
- Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- Creating, Imagining, Innovating
- Finding Humor
- Listening with Understanding and Empathy
- Managing Impulsivity
- Taking Responsible Risks
- Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision
- Thinking Flexibly
- Thinking Interdependently
21st Century Skills:
A set of widely-applicable abilities essential for success in the information age.
- Communication and Collaboration
- Creativity and Innovation
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Social and Cross-Cultural Skills
© 2018 Partnership for 21st Century Learning (P21), p21.org. All Rights Reserved. P21 was not involved in the production of this product and does not endorse it.
Common Core Math and English Language Arts Standards
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.B.5 Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1-20, count out that many objects.
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Next Generation Science Standards
- NGSS K-2-ETS1-1 Ask questions, make observations and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
- NGSS K-2-ETS1-2 Develop a simple sketch, drawing or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.
NGSS is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards were involved in the production of this product, and do not endorse it.
International Society for Technology in Education
- ISTE-S.6.b Students create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations.
© 2018 International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE). All Rights Reserved. ISTE was not involved in the production of this product and does not endorse it.
Questions about the BrickLAB Magic Beans? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!