Unleash Your Wild Side Camp
New for 2017!
Investigate the diversity of the planet as globe-trotting artists! From the arctic to the high desert, revel in the complexities of different ecosystems through creative, hands-on art projects that inspect the science of the most intricate environments of the globe.
Leave no rock unturned as students report back on the unique aspects of the places and creatures they encounter that day. They’ll cultivate art and language skills, promote global awareness and spark a love for STEAM as they work alongside the flora, fauna, wild beasts and incredible cultures of the Earth!
Digital Download for Unleash Your Wild Side Camp only $129.00!
Students: Up to 30
Contact Hours: 12+
- Summer camps
- Elementary classrooms
- After-school programs
- Homeschool environments
- Half hour free webinar training for purchases of $500+
- One hour free webinar training for purchases of $1000+
- Additional training available for purchase
- Sterilite tub with lid (25 gal)
- All About Animals Photo Library
- Ziploc bag (1 gal)
- Chenille Stems - 100
- Plastic gloves - 60
- Colored construction paper - 200
- Crayons (24 pack) - 5
- Paper cups - 36
- Driftwood slices - 30
- Dry erase markers - 31
- Dry erase peel and stick sheet (17x24 in) - 1
- Dry erase pockets - 30
- Feathers - 300
- Glue (4 oz) - 15
- Oil paintbrush - 30
- Scratch paper - 60
- Paper plates - 30
- Decorative pinecones - 50
- Pom-poms -500
- Salt (1 lb) - 1
- Pointed-end scissors (5 in) - 1
- Shortening (1 lb) - 1
- Single hole punch - 6
- Soap bar - 2
- Sponge - 2
- Sterilite storage container (6 qt) - 7
- Colored string (450 ft) - 1
- Tape measure cloth - 1
- Floor marking tape (60 yds) - 1
- Tempera paint (10 color set, 16 oz) - 1
- Tissue paper - 50
- Wax paper (50 ft roll) - 1
- Wiggly eyes - 500
- Expanding plastic file folder
- Unleash Your Wild Side Instructor Manual
- Full set of student handouts and collateral
- Durable world map (11x17 in)
Digital curriculum download comes with Instructor’s Manual only, which includes master copies of all student curriculum pages.
- Curriculum for 12 activities. Each activity can accommodate a 1 hour segment, or can be adjusted for different time blocks
- Materials for documenting, brainstorming, and recording data
- Creative supplies for building models of creatures
- Photo library of amazing animals
- Pieces of nature materials for studying aspects of animal habitats
- Instructor guide
- Camp background information
- Collaboration and discussion tips
- Lesson extensions for differentiation
- Activity and assessment materials
Each Activity Guide Includes:
- Opening & Closing Discussion Topics
- Step-By-Step Activity Instructions
- Topic Background & Vocabulary
- Materials List
Lesson Titles:Day 1 - Habitats
Day 2 - Grasslands
Day 3 - Rainforests
Day 4 - Desert
Day 5 - Temperate Forest
Day 6 - Taiga
Day 7 - Ocean
Day 8 - Freshwater
Day 9 - The Poles
Day 10 - Night
Day 11 - Underground
Day 12 - Aboriginal Dot Paintings
Next Generation Science Standards
- NGSS K-LS1-1.Use observations to describe patterns of what plants and animals (including humans) need to survive.
- NGSS K-ESS2-2. Construct an argument supported by evidence for how plants and animals (including humans) can change the environment to meet their needs.
- NGSS K-ESS3-1. Use a model to represent the relationship between the needs of different plants and animals (including humans) and the places they live.
- NGSS 2-LS4-1 Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
- NGSS 3-LS3-2. Use evidence to support the explanation that traits can be influenced by the environment.
- NGSS 3-LS4-2. Use evidence to construct an explanation for how the variations in characteristics among individuals of the same species may provide advantages in surviving, finding mates, and reproducing.
- NGSS 3-LS4-3. Construct an argument with evidence that in a particular habitat some organisms can survive well, some survive less well, and some cannot survive at all.
- NGSS 3-ESS2-1. Represent data in tables and graphical displays to describe typical weather conditions expected during a particular season.
- NGSS 3-ESS2-2. Obtain and combine information to describe climates in different regions of the world.
International Society for Technology in Education Standards
- ISTE-S.6.b Students create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations.
Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.1.G.A.3 Partition circles and rectangles into two and four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, fourths, and quarters, and use the phrases half of, fourth of, and quarter of. Describe the whole as two of, or four of the shares. Understand for these examples that decomposing into more equal shares creates smaller shares.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.1.MD.A.2 Express the length of an object as a whole number of length units, by laying multiple copies of a shorter object (the length unit) end to end; understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.MD.A.3 Estimate lengths using units of inches, feet, centimeters, and meters.
21st Century Skills:
A set of widely-applicable abilities essential for success in the information age.
- Communication and Collaboration
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Information, Media, and Technology Literacy
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Leadership and Responsibility
- Productivity and Accountability
- Social and Cross-Cultural Skills
Habits of Mind:
16 “thinking habits” developed by Art Costa and Bena Kallick to empower students to succeed in a 21st century learning environment.
- Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- Creating, Imagining, Innovating
- Finding Humor
- Gathering Data through All Senses
- Listening with Understanding and Empathy
- Managing Impulsivity
- Questioning and Posing Problems
- Remaining Open to Continuous Learning
- Striving for Accuracy
- Thinking About Thinking
- Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision
- Thinking Interdependently
Questions about the Unleash Your Wild Side Camp? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!