Structural Design Camp
Get creativity flowing as students don their hard hats to learn the complexities of designing structures! From integrating mechanics into construction to investigating the impacts of external forces, learners move through advanced building and blueprinting exercises. With new buildings reaching higher into the sky, architects and engineers are constantly working through questions of structure and style.
In Structural Design Camp, participants tackle those same challenges as they team up to develop an understanding of the real-world applications of architecture, gaining an appreciation for the structures they see every day!
Digital Download for Structural Design Camp only $129.00!
Students: Up to 30
Contact Hours: 12+
- Summer camps
- Elementary classrooms
- After-school programs
- Homeschool environments
- Half hour free webinar training for purchases of $500+
- One hour free webinar training for purchases of $1000+
- Additional training available for purchase
- U2 Fischertechnik Kits (400+ parts each) - 15
- Gratnell organizational trays - 8
- Divider insert for gratnell trays - 15
- Gratnell tray lids - 8
- Understanding Structures Camp Instructor Guide - 1
- Understanding Structures Camp Student Guide - 15
Digital curriculum download comes with Instructor’s Manual only, which includes master copies of all student curriculum pages.
- Curriculum for 12 activities. Each activity can accommodate a 1 hour segment, or can be adjusted for different time blocks.
- More than 4,800 advanced fischertechnik manipulatives for engineering and building activities
- Colored Storage Gratnell that will last for years!
- Get organized with tray inserts for separating manipulatives
- Instructor guide
- Camp background information
- Collaboration and discussion tips
- Lesson extensions for differentiation
- Activity and assessment materials
Each Activity Guide Includes:
- Opening & Closing Discussion Topics
- Step-By-Step Activity Instructions
- Topic Background & Vocabulary
- Materials List
- Post and Lintel
- Wind and Earthquake Vibration Design
- Tower Design - Modular Tower
- Antenna Tower
- Tall Tower Wind Design
- Tall Earthquake Design
- Anti-Gravity Challenge
- Body Builder Challenge
- Crane Challenge
- Elevator Challenge
Next Generation Science Standards
MS-ETS1-1 Define the criteria and constraints of a design problem with sufficient precision to ensure a successful solution, taking into account relevant scientific principles and potential impacts on people and the natural environment that may limit possible solutions.
MS-ETS1-2 Evaluate competing design solutions using a systematic process to determine how well they meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
MS-ETS1-3 Analyze data from tests to determine similarities and differences among several design solutions to identify the best characteristics of each that can be combined into a new solution to better meet the criteria for success.
International Society for Technology in Education
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Communication and Collaboration with a Digital Portfolio
- Research and Information Fluency
Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Math
ELA‐LITERACY.RST.6‐8.3 Follow precisely a multistep procedure when carrying out experiments, taking measurements, or per‐forming a technical task.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.NF.A.2 Compare two fractions with different numerators and different denominators, e.g., by creating common denominators or numerators, or by comparing to a benchmark fraction such as 1/2.
Questions about the Structural Design Camp? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!