Explore the magic of computer programming with Scratch, a free-to-use software developed by MIT’s best brains to encourage young learners to combine creativity with logic! With a cutting-edge application and a series of exciting projects, students uncover the sensational world of coding. Every day, participants expand their skills as they build their very own interactive storyboards and games with audio, video, animated characters and more.
Scratch camp demystifies computer programming and gets students fired up about creating and coding - they love it!
Tech requirements: 1 device per student (Scratch is compatible with Macs, PC’s, iPads, Android tablets and Chromebooks.)
Scratch Camp Digital Curriculum Download available for $295.00
Contact Hours: 12+
- Summer camps
- Classrooms looking for hands‐on technology lessons
- After‐school programs
- Homeschool environments
- Half hour free webinar training for purchases of $500+
- One hour free webinar training for purchases of $1000+
- Additional training available for purchase
The camp comes with a spiral bound Instructor’s Manual and 30 sets of student curriculum pages printed on virtually indestructible no‐tear polymer organized in an expanding file folder for easy access and storage. Digital curriculum download includes Instructor’s Manual and student curriculum pages.
The camp includes 12 “days” of activities, each designed to last about one hour. Use one lesson a day, clump them together into larger blocks or break them apart to be worked in one at a time throughout the course of a school year.
- One device per student recommended (Scratch is compatible with any Internet‐connected device, including desktops, laptops, iPads, Android tablets, and Chromebooks)
- Best when used with video projector available
- Introduction to Scratch
- The Pen and Precise Motion
- Multiple Events and a Multiplayer Game
- Music and Dancing Sprites
- Bitmap Graphics
- Speaking Sprites
- Costumes and Changing Seasons
- Vector Graphics
- Introducing If Statements
- Asking and Answering
NGSS K2-ETS1-1 Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
NGSS 3-ESS2-1 Represent data in tables and graphical displays to describe typical weather conditions expected during a particular season.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.NBT.A.1 Understand that the three digits of a three digit number represent amounts of hundreds,tens, and ones; e.g., 706 equals 7 hundreds, 0 tens, and 6 ones.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.MD.C.5 Recognize angles as geometric shapes that are formed wherever two rays share a common endpoint, and understand concepts of angle measurement.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.MD.C.5.A An angle is measured with reference to a circle with its center at the common endpoint of the rays, by considering the fraction of the circular arc between the points where the two rays intersect the circle. An angle that turns through 1/360 of a circle is called a “one- degree angle,”and can be used to measure angles.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.MD.C.5.B An angle that turns through n one-degree angles is said to have an angle measure of n degrees.
- Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- Creating, Imagining, Innovating
- Listening with Understanding and Empathy
- Managing Impulsivity
- Questioning and Posing Problems
- Responding with Wonderment and Awe
- Striving for Accuracy
- Thinking about Thinking
- Thinking and Communicating With Clarity and Precision
- Thinking Flexibly
- Thinking Interdependently
21st Century Skills
- Communication and Collaboration
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Finding Humor
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Gathering Data Through All The Senses
- Information, Media, and Technology Literacy
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Productivity and Accountability
- Social and Cross-Cultural Skills
Click images below to view PDF
Update coming soon! Contact us for details.
Questions about the Scratch Camp? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!