Drone Pilot Ground School
**It's not sold out. We promise!
Discounts are available for educators!
Contact a STEM Program Specialist at (800) 429-3110 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information**
Drone Pilot Ground School is an online test prep course for commercial drone pilots looking to pass the FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test for a Remote Pilot Certificate.
Our #1 objective is to prepare you to pass the FAA Part 107 Aeronautical Knowledge Test.
We offer a first-rate, comprehensive curriculum created in partnership with a Gold Seal Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) and former Chief Pilot of a Part 141 Flight School. Our course covers all 127 knowledge concepts that the FAA requires drone pilots to learn.
When you buy Drone Pilot Ground School, you get:
- Everything you need to pass the test. Our course covers all 120+ knowledge concepts across 65+ video-based lectures that the FAA requires drone pilots to learn in the UAS Airman Certification Standards
- Bonus lectures with practical flight knowledge. Our flight proficiency lecture demonstrates flight sequences for the beginning sUAS operator. You also get a pre-flight checklist and guides on how to conduct airspace research and how to apply for airspace authorization and waivers.
- Plus, bonus lectures on business operations. Learn from a drone lawyer and other industry professionals about how they approach important legal, marketing, insurance and business considerations.
- 300+ practice questions and answer key. We provide test questions for you to practice on, every step of the way. Take the quiz at the end of each lecture, plus our 5 full-length practice tests.
- 12-page cram sheet. Key takeaways from each of our lessons to help you study more effectively.
- 1:1 customer support. Get support from our Student Support Manager via phone and email when you have questions or experience issues.
Inside a Typical Lecture
People learn and absorb information differently. That’s why most of our lectures allow you to:
- Watch or listen to the video. Each lecture begins with a dynamic, instructor-led video with illustrations.
- Read the lesson. If you prefer to read, below each video is a detailed text lecture that includes the full video transcript plus additional information and resources.
- Quiz yourself. At the end of each lecture, take a quiz that immediately tests your understanding of the content.
- If you prefer, work offline and take notes. Use our downloadable, printable PDFs to read offline or print out, highlight and mark up as you wish.
- Access 24/7 at home, work or on the go. View the course materials on your desktop, tablet and phone.
Welcome to Drone Pilot Ground School
- 5 Quick-Start Tips for New Students
- Download Your Test Supplement
- Meet Your Instructor and Student Support Manager
- Common Drone Industry Terms (Glossary)
- Need Help? Contact Us.
Drone Rules and FAA Regulations
- The Basics of Part 107 Regulations
- Crew Member Definitions
- Registering Your Drone
- Reporting an Accident or In-Flight Emergency
- Operating Limitations: Height, Speed, Minimum Visibility and Cloud Clearance
- FAA Compliance: Flight Logging, Inspections and Required Documents
- Flying From a Moving Vehicle
- Flying at Night
- Flying Over People and Moving Vehicles
- Flying Visual Line-of-Sight
- Alcohol, Drugs and Physiology
- Airspace Authorization and Waivers
National Airspace System (NAS)
- Class B Airspace
- Class C Airspace
- Class D Airspace
- Class E Airspace
- Class G Airspace
- Special Use Airspace
- Military Training Routes (MTRs)
- TFRs and NOTAMs
Reading Sectional Charts
- What’s a Sectional Chart?
- Latitude and Longitude
- VFR Checkpoints
- Notification Boxes
- MSL vs. AGL
- Airports and Radio Frequencies
- Isogonic Lines
- Maximum Elevation Figures
- Victor Airways
- Advanced Sectional Chart Interpretation
- Reading a Chart Supplement
- Runways and Traffic Patterns
- Right of Way
- Towered vs. Untowered Airports
Weather and Micrometeorology
- Standard Conditions and Density Altitude
- Wind and Currents
- Moisture, Fog and Frost
- Reading a METAR Report
- Reading a TAF Report
- Operating in Extreme Weather
- Clouds, Ceilings and Visibility
- Stable vs. Unstable Air (Understanding Air Masses)
Drone Flight Operations
- Hazardous Flight Operations
- Emergency Operations
- Lost Link Procedures
- LiPo Batteries
- Aeronautical Decision-Making (ADM)
- Crew Resource Management (CRM)
- PAVE, IMSAFE & DECIDE Models
- 5 Hazardous Attitudes
- Radio Communications
- UAS Loading and Performance
- UAS Maintenance and Inspection
- Pre-Flight Checklist
Practice Tests, Cram Sheet & FAA Exam
- 5 Full-Length Practice Tests
- Cram Sheet // Am I Ready to Take the Test?
- Finding Your Test Center
- Test Day Checklist
- Using IACRA to Apply for Your Remote Pilot Certificate
- Flight Proficiency Challenge // Course Diploma
- Flight Simulator and Basic Proficiency Training
- How to Conduct Airspace Research
- [Guide] Airspace Authorization and Waivers
- [Guide] Drone Liability and Hull Insurance
- [Guide] Pricing Your Drone Services
- [Interview] Using Drones to do Real Estate / Property Marketing
- [Interview] Ask a Drone Lawyer: Key Legal Considerations for Starting a Drone Business
Questions about the Drone Pilot Ground School? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!