Take STEAM to the Silver Screen!
Work through 12 video production challenges on your way towards becoming a film director. With step-by-step instructions, students work independently with tablets and a student-driven curriculum.
- Ages: 8-10
- Number of Activities: 12 step-by-step builds and endless open-ended extensions
- Subject Areas: Technology, Art/STEAM, English Language Arts Connections
- Student-driven lessons to work independently
- 100% Reusable: Tablets and Software are 100% reusable.
- Learn the basics of tablets and use them to record interviews.
- Research a historical figure to interview in an imaginative video.
- Demonstrate a step-by-step task without using any words.
- Make a video interacting with an imaginary object.
- Find an interesting story in the local paper and create a news broadcast from it.
- Create a short movie about a cause and effect event.
- Create a video project with inanimate objects instead of people.
- Use a normal day as the subject for a documentary video.
- Create a documentary about a favorite pet, animal or insect.
- Perform a silly or interesting talent for a panel of judges, then create a fast-paced quiz show.
- Create an imaginary product and record a commercial to sell it, then compare two products and create a persuasive video about why one is better than the other.
- Write and perform a song, then write a story and sing it in a musical production.
Complete Program Includes:
- Instructor Guide with answer keys: 1
- Tablet: 1
- Tablet cover: 1
- Storage tub: 1
Educators & Homeschoolers:
For more information on academic standards and package deals for educators, visit Discover STEM Lab 3-4.