Calling Roboticists Everywhere!
In Cubelets®️ BOT Builder, students build a variety of fully functional robots or design their own using Cubelets, the modular robotics building blocks. From the Waddle-Bot that runs in circles to the Rodeo-Bot that bucks like a bull, Cubelets BOT Builder has learners harness the power of STEM to make robots move, sense and adapt to their surroundings. Get ready to introduce robotics to our youngest roboticists!
- Classrooms looking for hands-on STEM
- After-school programs and clubs
None required: Bluetooth-equipped smartphone or tablet needed only to occasionally update to the latest firmware
Technology, Engineering Design, Robotics & Coding, English Language Arts Connections
- Machine or Robot?
- Go-Bot 1.0
- Go-Bot 2.0
- Bot Bonanza!
- Half-hour free webinar training for purchases of $500+
- One-hour free webinar training for purchases of $1000+
- Inquire about additional training options
Complete Program Includes:
Instructor Guide, 30 printed sets of student pages, a digital curriculum download and all the supplies needed for 12 lessons.
- Battery Cubelets - 5
- BLE Bluetooth Hat - 1
- Brick Adapters (Female) - 10
- Brick Adapters (Male) - 10
- Brightness Cubelets - 5
- Distance Cubelets - 10
- Rotate Cubelets - 10
- Drive Cubelets - 10
- Flashlight Cubelets - 5
- Inverse Cubelets - 5
- Knob Cubelets - 5
- Passive Cubelets - 5
- 5-Port USB-to-Wall Charger - 1
- Micro-USB Cables - 5
- BOT Builder Storybook Set:
- Beep! Beep! Go To Sleep! (Todd Tarpley)
- Curiosity: The Story of a Mars Rover (Markus Motum)
- Hug Bot Version Five (Karl Woodhouse)
- Ish (Peter Reynolds)
- Robots, Robots Everywhere! (Sue Fliess and Bob Staake)
- Rosie Revere, Engineer (Andrea Beaty)
- The Most Magnificent Thing (Ashley Spires)
- BrickPack (650+ building manipulatives) - 1
- Brick plates - 40
- Brick separator - 1
- Crayons (24 pk) - 5
- Masking tape - 5
- Mesh bag (for cleaning bricks) - 1
- Paper plates - 30
- Scissors - 1
- Storage tubs with lids - 7
- Brick Plates: 8
- Storage Container: 1
- Crayons: 1 - 24 pk
- Battery: 1
- Cubelets Assorted: 11
- Brick Adapter: 1 - 4 pk
- Paper Plates: 6
- Masking Tape: 1
- USB Cable: 1
- Cubelets Model Pieces: 1
- Cubelets Build Cards: 1
- ULINE Bags 4x6: 2
Habits of Mind
- Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- Creating, Imagining, Innovating
- Finding Humor
- Gathering Data through All Senses
- Listening with Understanding and Empathy
- Managing Impulsivity
- Questioning and Posing Problems
- Responding with Wonderment and Awe
- Striving for Accuracy
- Thinking about Thinking (Metacognition)
- Thinking Flexibly
- Thinking Interdependently
21st Century Skills
- Creativity and Innovation
- Communication and Collaboration
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Information, Media, and Technology Literacy
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Leadership and Responsibility
- Productivity and Accountability
- Social and Cross-Cultural Skills
© 2018 Partnership for 21st Century Learning (P21), p21.org. All Rights Reserved. P21 was not involved in the production of this product and does not endorse it.
Common Core State Standards
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.1.1/CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.2.1/CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.3.1 Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about grade 1-3 topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Next Generation Science Standards*
- NGSS-K-2-ETS1-1 Engineering Design Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
- NGSS-K-2-ETS1-2 Engineering Design Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.
- NGSS-3-5-ETS1-3 Engineering Design Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved
*NGSS is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards were involved in the production of this product, and do not endorse it.
Click links below to view files
Questions about the Cubelets BOT Builder? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!