BrickLAB Brain Builders Camp
**BrickLAB bricks are currently out of stock. New bricks will be available in early spring. Please contact the sales department at (800) 429-3110 for more information. Thank you!**
Let’s build better brains! Using bricks to enhance learning, this camp focuses on communication and teamwork as students tackle exercises in social studies, geography, history and biology, all while constructing, collaborating and learning together. Using brain-building logic puzzles to develop new problem-solving skills, each day of camp introduces fresh and exciting STEM concepts to the class.
Students engage in stimulating science and engineering challenges by using logic to determine patterns, construct unique BrickLAB designs to withstand outside forces and translate abstract ideas into concrete models! From structures to puzzles, BrickLAB Brain Builders is a sure-fire way to introduce fun and interactive learning into any setting.
Digital Download for BrickLAB Brain Builders Camp only $129.00!
*If you already own an Edventures BrickLAB, the digital curriculum download is a great way to utilize what you already have. Using your BrickLAB and supplementing with a few additional materials, (seen in the Includes tab) you are ready to get started with your BrickLAB Brain Builders Camp adventure! Digital download is for Instructor Curriculum only, which includes master copies for all student curriculum sheets.
Students: Up to 30
Contact Hours: 12+
- Summer camps
- Elementary classrooms
- After-school programs
- Homeschool environments
- Half hour free webinar training for purchases of $500+
- One hour free webinar training for purchases of $1000+
- Additional training available for purchase
- Sterilite tube with lid (10 gal) - 2
- PCS BrickLAB - 1
- Brick separator - 1
- Dry erase markers - 15
- Dry erase pockets - 15
- Headbands (blindfolds) - 15
- Muslin bags - 15
- Stopwatch - 1
- Cloth tape measure - 15
- The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs - 1
- Where in the Wild by David M Schwartz - 1
- Full set of student handouts - 15
- Puzzles and Logic Instructor Guide - 1
- Charade build cards set - 32
Digital curriculum download comes with Instructor’s Manual only, which includes master copies of all student curriculum pages.
- PCS BrickLAB - over 7,000 high quality building bricks.
- Curriculum for 12 activities. Each activity can accommodate a 1 hour segment, or can be adjusted for different time constraints.
- Charade Build Cards
- Student Activity Guides
- Game Boards
- Score Cards
- Build Plans
- Dry Erase Markers
- And More!
Each Activity Guide Includes:
- Opening & Closing Discussion Topics
- Step-By-Step Activity Instructions
- Topic Background & Vocabulary
- Materials List
- No Peeking
- Guess What!
- I Love My Town
- Living Things
- Mirror Mirror
- Hide and Seek
- Huff 'n' Puff
- Load It Up
- Keep Out
Next Generation Science Standards
NGSS K-LSI-1 Use observations to describe patterns of what plants and animals (including Humans) need to survive.
NGSS K-2-ETS1-1 Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
NGSS K-2-ETS1-2 Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.
NGSS 2-LS4-1 Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
Common Core Math and English Language Arts Standards
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.2.1 Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about grade 2 topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.2.3 Gather additional information or clarify something that is not understood by asking and answering questions about what a speaker says.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.2.4 Successful presentation of information requires students to identify, organize, and express concepts and ideas. It may involve digital media and visual display of data to convey information and enhance audience understanding.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.2.5 Add drawings or other visual displays to descriptions when appropriate to clarify ideas.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.2.6 Acknowledge differences in the points of view of characters, including by speaking in a different voice for each character when reading dialogue aloud.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.MD.A.1 Measure the length of an object by selecting and using appropriate tools such as rulers, yardsticks, meter sticks, and measuring tapes.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.G.A.3 Recognize a line of symmetry on a two-dimensional figure such that the figure can be folded along the line into matching parts. Identify symmetric figures and draw lines of symmetry.
Habits of Mind
- Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- Creating, Imagining, Innovating
- Finding Humor
- Listening With Understanding and Empathy
- Managing Impulsivity
- Striving for Accuracy
- Taking Responsible Risks
- Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision
- Thinking Flexibly
- Thinking Interdependently
21st Century Skills
- Communication and Collaboration
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Productivity and Accountability
- Social and Cross-Cultural Skills
Questions about the BrickLAB Brain Builders Camp? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!