40 More Hours of Robotics and Programming!
Add on to your Robotics & Programming I kit with this additional set of LABCards that take learners' programming skills to the next level. This additional curriculum is perfect for filling out a longer unit or continuing the program into higher grade levels.
- Ages: 10-14
- Number of Activities: 16 step-by-step builds and endless open-ended extensions
- Subject Areas: Technology, Robotics & Coding
- Student-driven lessons to work independently
- 100% Reusable: LABCards are printed on sturdy cardstock that can be reused for years to come.
- Prerequisite: This curriculum is an add-on to Discover Robotics & Programming I.
- Generate random number values and write a program that makes decisions based on those values.
- Set up a light sensor and calibrate it by testing values received by The Brain.
- Integrate sensors into a program and create conditions from the sensor inputs.
- Create more advanced program structures with WAIT UNTIL commands.
- Calibrate two new sensors and learn how to interpret the data they collect.
- Integrate infrared and ultrasonic sensors to make RiQ more autonomous.
- Add logical operators (AND & OR) to write more complex IF conditions.
- Use variables to increase the efficiency and capabilities of your programs.
- Learn how to use the virtual sensors available in Cortex to create a user interface.
- Change values in a running program with sliders.
- Program a virtual joystick and a virtual accelerator sensor to drive robots remotely.
- Incorporate audio input and on/off toggles to create even more complex interactions with RiQ.
- Integrate and control variables in loop logic.
- Apply variables, sensors and logic to program a robot that acts like it's afraid of the dark.
- Use ultrasonic sensors to program RiQ to navigate through an obstacle course.
- Learn how to write a flowchart to plan programs before they are written.
Complete Program Includes:
- LABcards: 20
- Expanding file folder for storage: 1
Educators & Homeschoolers:
For more information on academic standards and package deals for educators, visit Discover Robotics & Programming II.