Explore Programming to Solve Mechanical and Engineering Challenges!
Build a robot and explore 16 different programming challenges to learn to code the bot. With step-by-step build instructions and 16 student-driven curriculum cards, learners work independently with PCS Edventures robotics parts and fischertechnik™ building blocks to tackle programming challenges.
- Ages: 8-14
- Number of Activities: 16 step-by-step builds and endless open-ended extensions
- Subject Areas: Technology, Robotics & Coding
- Student-driven lessons to work independently
- 100% Reusable: Robotics parts and fischertechnik™ building blocks are 100% reusable. Just clean and reuse again and again.
- Extendable: Add more curriculum to this kit with Discover Robotics & Programming II.
- Create your first program in the Cortex code editor.
- Build with fischertechnik™ blocks and start programming your RiQ robot.
- Add more advanced motor commands to your programming skillset.
- Learn to direct motors in reverse and save projects in Cortex.
- Review motor commands as you learn to direct the robot.
- Learn to distinguish between local and global commands by comparing On and On For commands.
- Combine the use of different global commands to create useful programs.
- Use global commands to drive the mechanical components of the robot.
- Repeat a series of commands using the Repeat command, and learn to use audio feedback.
- Build upon the use of audio feedback with more complex audio commands.
- Learn how to wait for a specific time with global commands.
- Create visual outputs with LED lights.
- Learn the Loop and Break functions and how to incorporate them in programming.
- Learn how to use procedures and subroutines within a program.
- Integrate and program physical sensors in a program.
- Use logical modifiers to create complex programs.
Complete program includes:
- Set of LABCards: 1
- The Brain™ and Cortex user guide: 1
- RiQ Robotics Parts:
- Specialized PCS Robotic Controller - The Brain: 1
- Bluetooth Dongle (BLE for iPads or Classic for all computers and Android-based tablets): 1
- Rechargeable 11.1V LiPo battery and DC wall adapter: 1
- Advanced Sensor Pack including ultrasonic, light, touch, infrared, LEDs, and sensor cables: 1
- USB Cable: 1
- fischertechnik™ building set: 1
- Storage tub: 1
Educators & Homeschoolers:
For more information on academic standards and package deals for educators, visit Discover Robotics & Programming I.