Drone Pilot Ground School
**It's not sold out. We promise!**
Discounts are available for educators!
Contact a STEM Program Specialist at (800) 429-3110 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Drone Pilot Ground School is an online test prep course for commercial drone pilots looking to pass the FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test for a Remote Pilot Certificate.
Our #1 objective is to prepare you to pass the FAA Part 107 Aeronautical Knowledge Test.
We offer a first-rate, comprehensive curriculum created in partnership with a Gold Seal Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) and former Chief Pilot of a Part 141 Flight School. Our course covers all 127 knowledge concepts that the FAA requires drone pilots to learn.
When you buy Drone Pilot Ground School, you get:
- Everything you need to pass the test. Our course covers all 120+ knowledge concepts across 65+ video-based lectures that the FAA requires drone pilots to learn in the UAS Airman Certification Standards
- Bonus lectures with practical flight knowledge. Our flight proficiency lecture demonstrates flight sequences for the beginning sUAS operator. You also get a pre-flight checklist and guides on how to conduct airspace research and how to apply for airspace authorization and waivers.
- Plus, bonus lectures on business operations. Learn from a drone lawyer and other industry professionals about how they approach important legal, marketing, insurance and business considerations.
- 300+ practice questions and answer key. We provide test questions for you to practice on, every step of the way. Take the quiz at the end of each lecture, plus our 5 full-length practice tests.
- 12-page cram sheet. Key takeaways from each of our lessons to help you study more effectively.
- 1:1 customer support. Get support from our Student Support Manager via phone and email when you have questions or experience issues.
Inside a Typical Lecture
People learn and absorb information differently. That’s why most of our lectures allow you to:
- Watch or listen to the video. Each lecture begins with a dynamic, instructor-led video with illustrations.
- Read the lesson. If you prefer to read, below each video is a detailed text lecture that includes the full video transcript plus additional information and resources.
- Quiz yourself. At the end of each lecture, take a quiz that immediately tests your understanding of the content.
- If you prefer, work offline and take notes. Use our downloadable, printable PDFs to read offline or print out, highlight and mark up as you wish.
- Access 24/7 at home, work or on the go. View the course materials on your desktop, tablet and phone.
Welcome to Drone Pilot Ground School
- 5 Quick-Start Tips for New Students
- Download Your Test Supplement
- Meet Your Instructor and Student Support Manager
- Common Drone Industry Terms (Glossary)
- Need Help? Contact Us.
Drone Rules and FAA Regulations
- The Basics of Part 107 Regulations
- Crew Member Definitions
- Registering Your Drone
- Reporting an Accident or In-Flight Emergency
- Operating Limitations: Height, Speed, Minimum Visibility and Cloud Clearance
- FAA Compliance: Flight Logging, Inspections and Required Documents
- Flying From a Moving Vehicle
- Flying at Night
- Flying Over People and Moving Vehicles
- Flying Visual Line-of-Sight
- Alcohol, Drugs and Physiology
- Airspace Authorization and Waivers
National Airspace System (NAS)
- Class B Airspace
- Class C Airspace
- Class D Airspace
- Class E Airspace
- Class G Airspace
- Special Use Airspace
- Military Training Routes (MTRs)
- TFRs and NOTAMs
Reading Sectional Charts
- What’s a Sectional Chart?
- Latitude and Longitude
- VFR Checkpoints
- Notification Boxes
- MSL vs. AGL
- Airports and Radio Frequencies
- Isogonic Lines
- Maximum Elevation Figures
- Victor Airways
- Advanced Sectional Chart Interpretation
- Reading a Chart Supplement
- Runways and Traffic Patterns
- Right of Way
- Towered vs. Untowered Airports
Weather and Micrometeorology
- Standard Conditions and Density Altitude
- Wind and Currents
- Moisture, Fog and Frost
- Reading a METAR Report
- Reading a TAF Report
- Operating in Extreme Weather
- Clouds, Ceilings and Visibility
- Stable vs. Unstable Air (Understanding Air Masses)
Drone Flight Operations
- Hazardous Flight Operations
- Emergency Operations
- Lost Link Procedures
- LiPo Batteries
- Aeronautical Decision-Making (ADM)
- Crew Resource Management (CRM)
- PAVE, IMSAFE & DECIDE Models
- 5 Hazardous Attitudes
- Radio Communications
- UAS Loading and Performance
- UAS Maintenance and Inspection
- Pre-Flight Checklist
Practice Tests, Cram Sheet & FAA Exam
- 5 Full-Length Practice Tests
- Cram Sheet // Am I Ready to Take the Test?
- Finding Your Test Center
- Test Day Checklist
- Using IACRA to Apply for Your Remote Pilot Certificate
- Flight Proficiency Challenge // Course Diploma
- Flight Simulator and Basic Proficiency Training
- How to Conduct Airspace Research
- [Guide] Airspace Authorization and Waivers
- [Guide] Drone Liability and Hull Insurance
- [Guide] Pricing Your Drone Services
- [Interview] Using Drones to do Real Estate / Property Marketing
- [Interview] Ask a Drone Lawyer: Key Legal Considerations for Starting a Drone Business
Are you a high school student interested in getting your Part 107 Certification? Right now you could do it for free with a scholarship opportunity from our partner, Drone Pilot Ground School. Drone Pilot Ground School will provide you with their study materials (a $299 value). The first 100 applicants who finish studying and take the FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test will also have their FAA test fee ($150) covered by the scholarship.
All you have to do is answer these questions in 100-200 words:
- Tell us your drone story. How did you first learn about drones? What captivates you about small unmanned aerial systems?
- Tell us about your involvement in drones to date. What models have you flown? What would you like to fly? Are you a member of any school clubs, classes, or organizations that have helped to push your interest forward?
- How do you plan to use your FAA Remote Pilot Certificate? What are your professional aspirations in the drone industry?
For more information, check out Drone Pilot Ground School Scholarships.
Questions about the Drone Pilot Ground School? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!