Simple Machines Camp
Let imaginations run wild as students discover the exciting applications of mechanical engineering! Starting with step-by-step builds to introduce each of the simple machines, they’ll eventually advance their way to constructing creations of their own. Investigate levers, pulleys and inclined planes, and enhance critical thinking skills while building upon existing knowledge every day of camp.
Construct, discuss and learn the importance of engineering and how it influences today’s society. From cars to cranes, be amazed at the structures designed and created during Simple Machines Camp!
Digital Download for Simple Machines Camp only $129.00!
Students: Up to 30
Contact Hours: 12+
- Curriculum for 12 activities. Each activity can accommodate a 1 hour segment, or can be adjusted for different time blocks
- Scientific tools for measurement, data collection, demonstration, and experimentation
- Advanced fishertechnik building manipulatives for engineering challenges
- Design booklets and step-by-step building instructions
- Storage containers
- Instructor guide
- Camp background information
- Collaboration and discussion tips
- Lesson extensions for differentiation
- Activity/assessment materials
- Summer camps
- Elementary classrooms
- After-school programs
- Homeschool environments
- Half hour free webinar training for purchases of $500+
- One hour free webinar training for purchases of $1000+
- Additional training available for purchase
- Universal II fischertechnik kits - 15
- Gratnell tubs with lids and inserts for organizing parts -15
- Simple Machines Camp Instructor Manual - 1
- Full set of printed student guides - 15
Digital curriculum download comes with Instructor’s Manual only, which includes master copies of all student curriculum pages.
- Building Skills
- 1st Class Levers
- 2nd Class Levers
- 3rd Class Levers
- Wheel and Axle
- Fixed Pulleys
- Moveable Pulleys
- Inclined Planes
- Worm Gear
- Complex Machines
- Design the Ultimate Machine
Each Activity Guide Includes:
- Opening & Closing Discussion Topics
- Step-By-Step Activity Instructions
- Topic Background & Vocabulary
- Materials List
NGSS 3-5 ETS1-1 Define a simple design problem reflecting a need or a want that includes specified criteria for success and constraints on materials, time, or cost.
NGSS 3-5 ETS1-2 Generate and compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RST.6-8.3 Follow precisely a multistep procedure when carrying out experiments, taking measurements, or performing technical tasks.Habits of Mind
- Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- Creating, Imagining, Innovating
- Managing Impulsivity
- Striving for Accuracy
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Productivity and Accountability
Questions about the Simple Machines Camp? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!