BrickLAB Zoo Camp
Traverse tricky terrain, shake claws with lobsters and design ecosystems in this life science camp! Discover the diversity of wildlife adaptations, the differences in habitats and what’s necessary for each biome’s survival. Focusing on specific environments, students travel from the sands of the Sahara to the peaks of the Himalayas in search of unique and complex creatures.
Redesigned and improved for 2017, BrickLAB Zoo delivers an engaging, hands-on experience around the Earth’s biospheres and the vital roles animals play in them.
BrickLAB Zoo Digital Curriculum Download only $129.00
*If you already own an Edventures BrickLAB, the digital curriculum download is a great way to utilize what you already have. Using your BrickLAB and supplementing with a few additional materials, (seen in the Includes tab) you are ready to get started with your BrickLAB Zoo adventure! Digital download is for Instructor Curriculum only, which includes master copies for all student curriculum sheets.Grades: 1-3 Students: Up to 30 Contact Hours: 12+
- Curriculum for 12 activities. Each activity can accommodate a 1 hour segment, or can be adjusted for different time blocks
- Materials for documenting, brainstorming, and reflecting
- Over 6,500 PCS BrickLAB building manipulatives
- Storage bin that will last for years!
- Informational posters with important facts about animals
- Instructor guide
- Camp background information
- Collaboration and discussion tips
- Lesson extensions for differentiation
- Activity/ assessment materials
- Summer camps
- Elementary classrooms
- After-school programs
- Homeschool environments
- Half hour free webinar training for purchases of $500+
- One hour free webinar training for purchases of $1000+
- Additional training available for purchase
The camp comes with an Instructor’s Manual, 30 printed sets
of student curriculum pages, and all the supplies needed for
12 days of activities:
- Sterilite BrickLAB tub (10 gal, for storing bricks) - 2
- BrickLAB Brick set - over 6500 building bricks
- Brick separator - 1
- Dry erase pockets - 30
- Dry erase markers - 30
- Mesh bag (for brick cleaning) - 1
Digital curriculum download comes with Instructor’s Manual only, which includes master copies of all student curriculum pages.
- The Camel
- The Lizard
- The Lobster
- The Shark
- The Crocodile
- The Monkey
- The Yak
- The Puma (Mountain Lion)
- The Giraffe
- The African (Savanna) Elephant
- Brick Zoo
- Original Adaptations
Each Activity Guide Includes:
- Opening & Closing Discussion Topics
- Step-By-Step Activity Instructions
- Topic Background & Vocabulary
- Materials List
NGSS 2-LS4-1 Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
NGSS K-2-ETS1-1 Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
NGSS K-2-ETS1-2 Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.1.NBT.A.1 Count to 120, starting at any number less than 120. In this range, read and write numerals and represent a number of objects with a written numeral.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.NBT.A.2 Count within 1000; skip-count by 5s, 10s, and 100s.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.MD.A.1 Measure the length of an object by selecting and using appropriate tools such as rulers, yardsticks, meter sticks, and measuring tapes.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.MD.A.3 Estimate lengths using units of inches, feet, centimeters, and meters.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.MD.A.4 Measure to determine how much longer one object is than another, expressing the length difference in terms of a standard length unit.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.MD.D.10 Draw a picture graph and a bar graph (with single-unit scale) to represent a data set with up to four categories. Solve simple put-together, take-apart, and compare problems using information presented in a bar graph.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.OA.A.1 Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve one- and two-step word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.NBT.A.2 Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.NBT.A.3 Multiply one-digit whole numbers by multiples of 10 in the range 10-90 (e.g., 9 × 80, 5 × 60) using strategies based on place value and properties of operations.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.MD.A.2 Measure and estimate liquid volumes and masses of objects using standard units of grams (g), kilograms (kg), and liters (l).
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.1 Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.4 With guidance and support from adults, produce writing in which the development and organization are appropriate to task and purpose.
- Managing Impulsivity
- Listening with Understanding and Empathy
- Striving for Accuracy
- Questioning and Posing Problems
- Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
- Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision
- Creating, Imagining, Innovating
- Taking Responsible Risks
- Thinking Interdependently
- Remaining Open to Continuous Learning
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Communication and Collaboration
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Social and Cross-Cultural Skills
- Productivity and Accountability
Questions about the BrickLAB Zoo Camp? Want to request a proposal for a purchase order?
Our STEM experts are here to help!